Downtown Captured: Student Photography Contest
Are you an aspiring photographer looking to build your portfolio? Do you just enjoy taking pictures? If you’re between 6th grade through college (undergraduate), we want to turn your pictures into installations downtown!
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: November 26, 2023
Winners: Five submissions will be chosen to be displayed downtown. Four winners will be turned into pole banners that will be hung in Old Town Square. The first place winner’s photograph will be made into a 10’x22’ banner that will be hung on the side of the Old Town Square Parking structure and earn $1,000 in prize money!
- Age: Students (homeschool or school) between 6th grade and college (undergraduate)
- What: Capture life downtown Fort Collins. This could be lifestyle (people and streets), architecture (interior or exterior), or landscape
- Photographs can be taken within the last five years (2018 -2023)
- Orientation needs to be vertical
- Max 5 submissions per person
- Designs that include logos; copyrighted or trademarked images; advertisements; or political, commercial, religious, or sexual symbols, themes, or messages will not be accepted.
- Specs: 300 dpi files. Formats accepted: jpg,jpeg,gif,png,bmp,tif,pdf,mpg,zip
- Naming Convention: Please name each of the photos with the following format: Photo Name_ Photographer First InitialLast Name. For example, a photo entitled “Downtown Sunrise” by Mary Jones would be labeled: Downtown Sunrise_MJones
- How to submit: Submit your photographs via the link below by November 26.
Deadline: Entries must be submitted via online submission system by 11:59 pm MST on or before November 26, 2023. The DDA reserves the right to extend the deadline. Winners will be notified around December 4, 2023.
Judging: A panel of judges will judge the entries. Images will be judged on their representation of downtown Fort Collins. While we invite you to include people in your shots, please avoid any close-up portraits or immediately recognizable images. Please also avoid any trademarked products or logos in your photos. The DDA intends to notify all winners around December 4, 2023 but reserves the right to alter this timeline if needed.