Oak 140 Mural Project
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about our project. We appreciate your consideration.
Northeast corner, Mural faces north and Mountain Ave
Southwest Corner, Mural faces west and College Ave.
Expectations for Murals
- be of the highest quality, unique and innovative
- complement one another
- signify the importance of affordable housing and its value to the community
- create a visual and cultural connection between the site, the Old Town neighborhood and the Fort Collins community
- spark interest and exploration for residents, visitors and pedestrians
- be completed in five weeks
Expectations for Artists
- prime and prepare the location
- seal and protect murals accordingly
- be responsible for the acquisition of all materials, equipment and tools needed to complete the project
- be responsible for complying with all applicable laws, building codes, regulations and requirements set forth by the organizations
- have necessary liability insurance
- prepare a budget that explicitly lays out all costs
- prepare a rough timeline for project
- Call for Artists opens – 4/15/22
- Call for Artists closes – 5/20/22
- Finalize artist short list – 5/25/22
- Artists contacted/interviews set up – 5/30 – 6/1/22
- Interviews: 6/13 – 6/24/22
- Notify Artist of Acceptance – 6/27/22
- Artist begins mural – 9/1/22
- Mural needs to be completed – 10/6/22
Short-listed artists will be given 20 minutes to present their concept to our board. All presentations are in person and will be followed by a 30 minute question/answer. Each short-listed artist, not chosen, will be given a $250 stipend.
The total budget for this project is $30,000. This budget shall include all materials, tools, equipment, necessary liability insurance and travel expenses.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Amanda DeAngelis at 970.231.3060 or email at email@example.com.
For complete information on the RFQ or to apply for this call, please visit the website here.
This mural project is a collaboration between the Fort Collins Downtown Development Authority and Housing Catalyst. For more information about the Oak 140 Project, please visit the Housing Catalyst Website.